Sunday, November 21, 2010

Renfrew Cyclocross

The course was long, flat, windy, and cold. The frozen ground made the surface very bumpy. The combination of bumpiness and flat plays to my strengths, as I am a bigger than average rider: I can ride out the bumps and mash those pedals without having to heft my carcass up the hills of Almonte. I also did well at the barriers, making several key moves on the remount. The bumpiness wore me down though: my arms were sore from being rattled, and on the last lap I had to fight to keep loose on the bike without loosing contact with the handlebars.

I left with my best result of the season. All my usual rivals, and some riders I only see off in the distance in front of me, were all behind me this time. Of course, as a middle-to-back-of-the-pack rider, there was a whole slew of less familiar, but equally nice folks to pass and to be passed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment